Things to do in Provincetown
Below is a list of things to do in Provincetown should you decide to make a day trip to the coastal town located at the tip of Cape Cod. Provincetown is 22 miles from Eastham and approximately a 30 minute drive. It is known for its natural beauty and the number of local, talented artists whose works may be seen through windows of art galleries along Commercial Street in downtown Provincetown.
Make sure to check out things to do in Cape Cod as you explore the city.
We've put together a list of things to do in Provincetown during your day trip to the area. Enjoy activities such as whale watching, beach strolling, dining or just relaxing in this picturesque town.
- Race Point Beach - One of the most beautiful beaches in the area. At times, you may see a few seals frolicking on the sand bar.
- Herring Cove Beach - Walk along the picturesque coast and sand dunes and enjoy a beautiful New England sunset. Herring Cove Beach can be rocky at times so be sure to bring your flip flops.
- Dolphin Fleet Whale Watching - This company offers three to four hour excursions through the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary where you'll see dolphins, porpoises, basking sharks, sunfish, seals, pelagic birds and more!
- Flyers Boat Rental - You can also captain your own boat with a variety of options from powerboats to sailboats, kayaks and more.
- Province Lands Bike Trail - Looking to take in the great outdoors? Province Lands Bike Trail is a great option. They have plenty of bikes to rent for the entire family.
- Downtown Provincetown - Enjoy the many quaint shops, art galleries, and restaurants that line Commercial Street. During peak periods, we reccommend making reservations in advance as activities and restaurants tend to fill up.